Why Does My Cat Eat Plastic – Plastic bags are dangerous for cats for many reasons. If chewed, there is a risk of air blockage and intestinal blockage. Playing with plastic bags creates a risk of strangulation and suffocation.
Not every cat is interested in plastic bags, but if your kitten possesses, it can be a seemingly endless battle to keep plastic bags out of reach.
Why Does My Cat Eat Plastic?
But why would most cats love a plastic bag? Let’s cite some reasons that can cause this attraction in cats:
- The plastic bags contain lubricating chemicals known as “slip agents”. The chemicals contain stearic acid from animal fat.
- The slip agents are designed to prevent the bags fit. Some cats may be attracted by the taste or smell of these chemicals.
- The plastic bags can be attractive due to any smell of food retained from the groceries they were in, especially meat or fish.
- The texture is also something to consider when it comes to the attractive plastic bag. The smooth and cool surface can be attractive for licking or chewing. What might have started as an interesting surface to spread may have increased licking and chewing.
- The coarse noise of the purse may also be appealing to some cats.
The behavior may have started because the cat had no stimulation in the environment, and chewing plastic bags gave him some activity. For many animals, mastication is a stress-relieving behavior
Cats that do not have sufficient environmental enrichment and proper play are the most vulnerable to boredom-related behaviors.
How to prevent my cat from chewing plastic bags?
Plastic bags can be irresistible to your cat because of their light and the bad sound they make. Never allow your cat to play with them at any time, even if he shows no interest in chewing or licking. It is important to be diligent in keeping the bags out of your cat’s reach.
Some cats have a need to chew and bite things and it is possible to provide safe alternatives for them to chew, such as cat grains.
This food of the image you prepare at home, just put water and in 6 to 8 days are born clean and nutritious shoots of oats and millet. Without chemistry. Naturally. They are seeds of oats and millet to be planted, that will give origin to the food for cats, especially for the feeding of the cats, and that regulates the intestinal tract and eliminates balls of hairs. It is also available at CAT CLUB store.
And last but not least, it promotes opportunities for your kitten to play hard, that’s the best way to relieve your stress and leave you entertained in a healthy way.