Read Time2 Minute, 27 Second
Explanation and How Long do Poodles Live – The ancestor of the poodle is the Beard, a hunting dog in the marshes and a sturdy and wary guard from Africa. Besides, in French, his name comes from “Canard.” It would have appeared in Europe, accompanying the Arabs to Poitiers. In the sixteenth century, the selection distinguished him from the Barbet, and he became a companion dog in the eighteenth century. Other selections have subsequently been made to obtain several sizes.
Group 9/Section 2: Poodles
Varieties: Large, medium, Dwarf, miniature (toy)
Character and Behavior
The Poodle is an intelligent and curious dog, always ready to learn. He is lively, cheerful and will do anything to please his master. The smallest breeds adapt perfectly to life in the city, while the two largest will prefer life in the open air. It can sometimes be susceptible and even jealous of children. Moreover, it tends to chew and bite so be vigilant to rid him of this through from an early age.
The Poodle is a very sturdy dog whose life expectancy is fifteen years old, but some can live even longer. Just watch his ears because this breed often develops ear infections.
The Poodle is subject to Tartar so prefer the croquettes as they will have a brushing effect on his teeth. It is then an element of adapting the ration to the size, weight, and age of the dog.
On an everyday basis, it will be important to brush with pneumatic brush and a metal comb. If you do not want your poodle in the contests, be aware that it must still go to the groomer once every two months. On the other hand, if you want to present it, be mindful of the fact that the cut is complicated and very expensive.
In general, the old life poodle also if they are sterilized young it gives them a several more years, on the another hand, you have to pay attention to their weight. Mine has 18 years old he left in my arms a hard time when we spent all these years together it was a dog lover.
- Size: The giant poodle measures between 45 and 60 cm, the average poodle between 35 and 45 cm, the dwarf poodle between 28 and 35 cm and the miniature poodle less than 28 cm.
- Weight: The average weight of the giant poodle is 22 kg, that of the average poodle of 12 kg, the 7 kg dwarf poodle and the miniature poodle less than 7 kg.
- Hair: The hair is curly, very dense and rough.
- Dress: It can be white, black, gray apricot or brown.
- Eyes: Black and almond-colored.
- Ears: covered with slightly wavy hair, they are attached high and fall on the head.
- Tail: It is attached and worn high and is often cut off by a third.
The poodle does not lose much of its hair and is, therefore, the ideal dog for asthmatic people.